Plan to Celebrate Science on Saturday, April 13!
March 31, 2013
There’s something for everyone at the LUMCON Open House at the DeFelice Marine Center on Saturday, April 13 from 9 – 3! Admission and all activities are FREE!
Join us to:
- Observe amazing sea life invisible to the naked eye in our microscope room
Join the kids in our Science Scavenger Hunt (with great PRIZES for the kids!)
- Experience the excitement of an airboat ride through the marsh
Get acquainted with critters in our live Touch Tank!
- Test your skills at driving a model remotely operated vehicle (ROV)
- Explore our collections room full of preserved specimens
- Have fun creating pictures using the ancient art of fish printing
- View beautiful and thought-provoking images captured by coastal landscape photography students
- Little ones love our outdoor games - everyone is a winner!
- Race a fiddler crab in the Fiddler crab races provided by Nicholls State University
- Get informed! Coastal residents won’t want to miss our coastal restoration Master Plan panel discussion (ages 12 and up preferred) Also, our faculty will be on hand to explain all the research being conducted here at LUMCON
Our cafeteria staff will be serving up delicious red beans and rice for lunch and LUMCON gear will be available for sale in the downstairs lobby souvenir shop.
For more information on Open House and directions to the DeFelice Marine Center, visit: http://www.lumcon.edu/Information/Open_House