Louisiana's Marine Resources
Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON) is sponsoring a photography contest
focusing on lifestyles of Louisiana. We are seeking high-quality photographs depicting
the many natural marine resources we have in Louisiana. The winning photographs will be used in LUMCON
publications and will be prominently displayed on the website.
The deadline for submission is April 1, 2010. Winning entries will be announced and posted online by May 1, 2010. Information on submitting photographs is listed below. If you have additional questions, please call 985-851-2842.
PDF copy of the Entry Form
- Photo Theme: Photos must depict Louisiana's Marine Resources.
- Format: Entries must be original color or black and white prints or digital. Color prints must be between 4 x 6 inches and 8 x 10 inches. Digital photos can be emailed to email@example.com and must be in a .jpg or .tif format, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Digital photos will be printed by LUMCON for judging.
- Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2010. Late or incomplete entries will not be considered. LUMCON will only confirm receipt of entries with valid email address. Entries will not be returned to contestants.
- Awards: One overall grand prize and a first place for each group will be awarded. Contestants who submit photographs which are chosen for publication will receive a copy of the publication. A separate group is set aside for LUMCON employees.
- Email Address: Submit your digital photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: Submit your photos to the following mailing address:
C/O LUMCON NEWS
8124 HWY 56
Chauvin, LA 70344
- Identification: Include one copy of the entry form with each photograph submitted. The description on the form will serve as identification for each photograph.
- Number of Entries: Up to five entries per person are permitted.
- Groups: Kids (12 and under), Teens (13-18), Adults (18 and over), LUMCON Employee
- Responsibility: Special care will be taken in the handling of all entries. However, LUMCON and contest organizers are not responsible for damage or loss to entries. Late, mutilated, or previously published photographs are not eligible.
- Claim of Ownership: Contestants must own all rights to the works submitted. Model releases are the contestants’ responsibility. As such, the contestant holds the publisher and contest sponsors harmless from any breech of copyright.
- Publication: All entries become the property of LUMCON. LUMCON reserves the right to use images entered in the contest in internal and external publications. Although not guaranteed, efforts will be taken to ensure that the photographer will be recognized whenever and wherever the image is shown.
- Judging: A panel of judges will choose the winning entries by
May 1, 2010. The judges’ decisions will be final. The winners will be notified by mail. Judges may not enter the contest.
- Winning Entries: Winning entries will be announced at a reception in May
and posted at www.lumcon.edu/lagniappe/photocontest. Entry in the contest constitutes approval to publish the photograph, as well as the photographer and location where the photograph was taken.
- Acceptance of Rules: Participation in the contest indicates complete acceptance of the contest rules.
HTML copy of the Entry Form